Cover image: ALEXANDER ERMOCHENKO / REUTERS
- Two people died in Novooukrainka and Bohoyavlenka, Donetsk Oblastannounced the head of the Donetsk regional military administration on Sunday morning on Telegram.
- Official flood tolls have been revised upwards. The floods caused by the destruction of the Kakhovka dam caused the death of sixteen people in Ukraine, according to officials in Kiev, while Russia reports, for its part, twenty-nine dead in the territories controlled by Moscow.
- Ukrainian forces destroyed an ammunition depot « important » near the port city of Henicheskoccupied by Russia, in the oblast of Kherson, reported Sunday Sergey Bratchuk, spokesman of the military administration of Odessa.
- Ukrainian forces reportedly took control of Piatykhatky. “The enemy’s offensive ‘wave’, despite the colossal losses, yielded results”, announced Vladimir Rogov, an official of the Russian occupation in the Zaporizhia region, on Sunday. For its part, the Russian Defense Ministry said it repelled an attack on Piatykhatky. This information was impossible to independently verify immediately.
- A series of Ukrainian attacks repelled in the Zaporizhia region, according to the Russian authorities. “The most active actions took place in the direction of Zaporizhia”the statement said.
- Thierry Breton promises kyiv deliveries of European armaments in line with its needs. “We organize ourselves as if this war will last several more months, or even longer”said the European commissioner for the internal market, in an interview with Parisian Sunday.
- More than sixty countries are expected to attend the conference on the reconstruction of Ukraine, Wednesday and Thursday, in London, announced the British government on Saturday. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will speak by videoconference.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Factual. Russia delivered its first nuclear warheads to Belarus
Reportage. “The Russians are becoming ingenious”: on the front, Ukrainian officers face the progress of their adversary
Decryptions. Hundreds of Western electronics found in Russian weapons
Factual. With the war in Ukraine, the West lifts its restrictions on remotely operated munitions
Analyse. Between Russia and Ukraine, a drone war of unprecedented scale
Video. In Bakhmout, a Ukrainian unit publishes combat videos
Reportage. Near Kherson, Ukrainians take advantage of the floods to flee the areas occupied by Russia
Factual. Fencing: Russian fencers make their comeback at the European Championships in Bulgaria
Podcast. What we know about the kyiv counter-offensive
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions