The participants of MasterChef Argentina, each gala has tests that challenge them more and more. On the night that there was a new elimination, they had to cook with artichoke. Juan Francisco and Antonio were the two who had the most difficulties using it. Here we bring you a simple recipe for an exquisite marinade, using this vegetable.
From the Recetas de Argentina site, they shared a recipe for pickled artichokes:
Ingredients to prepare pickled artichokes
– 1 kg of artichokes.
– One cup oil.
– ¼ cup of vinegar.
– A teaspoon of black peppercorns.
– A teaspoon of grain mustard.
– A teaspoon of ground chili.
– A level dessert spoon of chopped parsley.
– A sliced lemon.
Step by step to make pickled artichokes
– Remove the stem and outer leaves from the artichokes from the base, until reaching the lightest area.
– Cut the tips down to the softest parts and turn the base
– Place the hearts in water with the lemon slices.
– Boil them in salted water until tender, but not mushy.
– To make the vinaigrette, put the rest of the ingredients except the lemon in a saucepan and boil for 2 or 3 minutes.
– Place the artichoke hearts in a previously boiled jar and cover with the vinaigrette while hot.
– Keep the bottle uncovered until cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Source: Recipes from Argentina